Position Medical students internships
We are developing our value proposition for empowering chronic patients with easy tools. We are looking for medical students to help understand the medical side and co-develop software solutions.
We are also starting small pilot clinical trials and need medical/academic support.
For the sake of clarity: this is a part-time internship for 3-6 months.
- Research and understand chronic conditions and existing solutions for patients.
- Conduct interviews and experiments with patients and pharmacists.
- Evaluate and test hypotheses in the lean startup methodology.
- Co-design a small pilot clinical study to get validated learnings.
- A young, dynamic, person with developed critical thinking skills and the motivation to make real impact on people's’ lives.
- You want to gain experience in digital health, and enlarge your knowledge and horizons outside traditional hospitals.
- You have general medical knowledge.
- You are familiar with the following conditions: Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, Crohn & colitis, growth disorders and diabetes.
- You can speak and write fluent English and Dutch.
We are a digital health startup, and everything we do is about Patient Empowerment.
Many people live with chronic conditions like Diabetes, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis and Crohn & colitis. They get excellent medical care, but they struggle to cope with many lifestyle challenges.
We do not consider them as “chronic patients”. They are individuals like you and me with one health disorder and many other challenges to live with.
We develop a variety of products and services that help people reduce this stress. We empower them with better safety and control with different aspects of their lives.
Our first product is a solution to help keep medications in the safe temperature. It consists of a wireless smart sensor and a mobile app. Users set up their medications in the app, place the device with the meds in the fridge or transport bag. Every time the temperature dangerously changes or is exceeded the user gets an alarm and can either protect the medications or replace them.
We are also one of ten startups taking part in the Rockstart Digital Health Accelerator.
Our work is important to us, but we know the importance of having a life outside work.
We are respectful and kind to each others.
We do not work until burnout.
Starting: January 2016..
Location: The beautiful city of Nijmegen.
Get in touch at: firstname.lastname@example.org